Expressive Arts is an exploratory program designed for high school students who have an interest, dedication and enthusiasm for visual arts. Visuals arts concepts are integrated Students will:
- Explore the elements of visual art and principles of design as well as creative processes to create meaningful and personal works of art
- Develop their image making strategies using materials, techniques, and technologies for visual art in 2D and 3D form
- Use symbols and metaphors to express ideas about key themes such as identity, social contemporary issues and other self-directed themes
- As a class, we discuss influences of visual culture in social and other media and create responses to these concepts through written and visual work.
- Gain inspiration through traditional and contemporary First Peoples worldviews, stories, and history, as expressed through visual arts
- Explore moral rights and the ethics of cultural appropriation and plagiarism in contemporary works of art
- Connect with the community through field trips to art studios throughout the lower mainland and create artworks in outdoor environments
Other courses students can complete in the expressive arts program include: Apprenticeship and Workplace Math 10 and 11; English 10, 11 and 12; Career Life Education, Career Life Connections, Independent Studies and Physical Education 10, 11 and 12.
Education Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org